Declarations By You / The Legal Guardians
I / We request that our child named above is registered as an applicant for a place at Danes Hill School.
I / We understand that the offer of a place for my / our child at the School may be made on the terms of:
- a letter from the School confirming registration (where applicable);
- this registration form
- the School’s Terms and Conditions enclosed with this form
and that a binding contract is formed upon confirmation of registration.
I / We understand that we may cancel the acceptance of a place at any time within 14 days of the date on which the School confirms registration if the offer is made and accepted entirely at distance by means of post, fax or electronic communication. Please also see our cancellation notice which is published with the enclosed Terms and Conditions and on the website.
I / We declare as individuals and jointly that:
1. Terms and conditions: Before signing this registration form I / we have read and understood and I / we agree to the School’s Terms and Conditions and which will undergo reasonable change from time to time. I / We have retained a copy of the School’s Terms and Conditions with our records.
2. Disclosures: I / We have already provided and will continue to provide details of any medical condition, health problem or allergy affecting my / our child; any learning difficulty, disability, or special educational need of my / our child, as well as any behavioural, emotional and / or social difficulty of my / our child (for example dyslexia, dyspraxia, attention deficit disorder, visual or hearing impairment or any condition requiring use of a wheelchair). I / We attach in confidence details of any relevant information in writing.
3. Information for Parents: I / We confirm that I / we have sought written confirmation from the Headmaster of any information which I / we consider is material to our decision to register our child at the School.
4. Medical matters: I / We attach in confidence all relevant information about any medical condition, health problem, or allergy which affects my / our child and / or which may prevent my / our child from taking a full part in the School’s academic and games or sports curriculum, and outdoor activities.
5. Court orders: Where I am / we are separated or divorced, I / we have informed the School of this. I / We have also disclosed all court orders or criminal proceedings in relation to my / our child and all court orders, criminal proceedings, statutory demands or bankruptcy petitions relating to either parent (including any court orders relating to financial matters). I / We will disclose any subsequent court orders, criminal proceedings, statutory demands or bankruptcy petitions to the School.
6. Parental responsibility: I / We both have parental responsibility (i.e. legal responsibility) for the child named above. I / We confirm that no other person’s consent is required for the child to attend the School.
7. Current and previous schools: I / We confirm that fees payable to my / our child’s current and any previous schools have been paid or will be paid in full before my / our child enters the School. Except as disclosed in a confidential letter attached to this registration form, my / our child has not been withdrawn from or been asked to leave another school as a result of misconduct and is not under investigation and has not been convicted of any criminal offence.
8. Cancellation or Withdrawal: Except where the cancellation rights described above apply or where otherwise provided in the School’s Terms and Conditions I / we will not cancel my / our acceptance of a place or withdraw my / our child from the School without first giving a Term’s written Notice or paying a Term’s Fees in accordance with the School’s Terms and Conditions.
9. Documents: I / We confirm that before signing this registration form, I / we have seen or had an opportunity to see all the documents referred to in the School’s Terms and Conditions.
10. Confirmation of declarations: I / We confirm that the declarations made on this registration form are true and that I / we have disclosed all information required in the declarations.
I / we understand and agree that the School has the right to terminate this contract for educational services immediately if any declaration is found to be untrue.
Authorities Given By The Parents / Legal Guardians
I / We give the following express authorities on behalf of myself / ourselves and (so far as I am / we are entitled to do so) on behalf of my / our child.
11. Privacy: I / We consent to the School using our personal information and our child’s personal information during the admissions process and while a pupil at the School.
12. Commencement of services: I / We consent to the School providing educational services to my / our child if he / she starts as a pupil at the School within 14 days of the date of this registration form.
13. School fees: I / We consent to the School at any time making enquiries of my / our child’s current or previous schools for confirmation that all sums due and owing to such school(s) have been paid and I / we consent to the School informing any other school or educational establishment to which I / we propose sending my / our child if any Fees of this School are unpaid. I / We also consent to the School making reasonable enquiries of relevant third parties (for example credit reference agencies) about my / our financial means in appropriate circumstances. I / We also consent to the School making enquiries of my / our and any third parties in order to verify the source of payment.
14. Educational visits and transport: I / We consent to my / our child taking part in all educational visits while he / she is a pupil at the School. I / We also consent to the Pupil travelling by any form of public transport and / or in a motor vehicle driven by a responsible adult who is duly licensed and insured to drive a vehicle of that type.
I /We enclose the non-refundable Registration Fee of £100 together with this completed Registration Form duly signed by me / us.
How We Use Your Information
(1) Our privacy statement for parents sets out how we use your information and it can be found in Schedule 1 to the School’s Terms and Conditions which have been provided with this acceptance form.
(2) By submitting the registration form you confirm that you have read the privacy statement and that you consent to the School processing your personal information
(3) If you do not consent the School is still entitled to use your personal information for certain purposes. For example, to provide the services under your contract with the School and to fulfil our statutory duties. However, we would still prefer to have your consent.
(4) By submitting the registration form you confirm that you have read our pupil privacy statement and that you consent to the School processing your child’s personal information.
As explained above in relation to your own personal information, if you do not provide consent the School is still entitled to use your and your child’s personal information for certain purposes including providing educational services and fulfilling our statutory duties.